Saturday, June 5, 2010

how could 3 hours in the sun turn into such a bad idea? a litle help here people!

My brilliant (ha!) sister had the grand idea of going up to lake michigan for memorial day weekend. You see my grandparents camp up there all summer in their nic 5th wheel RV at a real nice camp ground across from Warren Dunes State Park. I love the place. I have been up there tons of times over the years to visit my family and go on a little vacation. So the trip wasn't that big of a deal to me.

That Sunday after going to say hello to the family (my aunt was also there) we (my 3 nephews ages 7, 6, and 5 were also along) traipsed down to the beach. ANd what started out as a great way to relax for the day has turned into nothing but a big pain in my ass.

First of all the water sure did look inviting but as soon as your feet touched it, hypothermia was soon to set in. But for some reason idiots were still in the water. So instead on the blistering hot day I just laid out on the beach in my chaise lounge chair and watched the kiddos play in the sand and on the shore.

And after making sure to slather in the kids in 50 proof sunblock i completely forgot about my wn fair skin i was blessed with thanks to my Irish ancestors. Oh no i can't take after my Italian side and tan easily and have a nice olive complexion. Nope just call me Ivory, or Porceline because that's my skin tone.

So while i was completely oblivious to my skin toasting under the sun (i was realllly hoping to get a nice tan) my nephews wanted something from the concession stand. Now think bout this. It's noon hour...the sun is high....and very hot. So stupid me just gets up, completely disregards my shoes, and starts walking in the sand. Yah i got 10 steps and hip hopped back to the chair for my shoes. The sand was so damn hot that blistered the bottom of my feet!!!!

But my adorable nephews just had to have ice cream and who was i to deny them that priviledge? Besides my sister was going to pay the $5 for each and it was hot. And once they had their treat it was another few hours i was able to bake in the sun. Again completely disregarding my tender skin.

Later that night as i was sitting outside with my family i noticed that my body felt....tight. Just moving anywhere hurt so bad that standing up was painful. If i stood too long i had to sit because i was in pain. And aloe vera gel just has not helped. That was 5 days ago. My skin is still bright red and now everywhere has broken out in blisters that pops when i am asleep. Once the blisters pop i can peel the dead skin away just to find more blisters. So what the hell should i do? i really want to avoid a trip to the ER. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment